Perhaps I should have saved the title of my previous blog post for this. ‘What the hell am I doing here’ feels very fitting now that I, very surreal, seem to be back in Copenhagen. 84 mind blowing ‘the best days my life’ photography and adventure in Namibia, Western Australia, Malaysia and Borneo have come to a stop. But it is just a temporary stop to get rid of baggage in my life. Sojourning for ever as a travelling photographer. New horizons, new photographs await.

My to-do list is overwhelming with RAW files to develop, getting new web sites, compressing my life and company into a travelling mobile package, prepare for next take off etc. First up is finishing the project for United Plantations and develop their images, so it may be a little while before I get to my own work and new blog posts with new photos.

In the meantime, enjoy this image I shot at Deadvlei in Namibia. Namibia is the photographic highlight of this trip. It is the most beautiful place I have been. I am dead certain it is the most beautiful place in the world! It is also some of the best images I have created.  I dreamed of a whole country of Wide Open Spaces. I dreamed but it was not a dream, it truly exists!

Namibia, Deadvlei by Flemming Bo Jensen Photography.

“Principal joy of life comes from new experiences” – Christopher McCandless

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list!” – Susan Sontag

“I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” – Oscar Wilde

Must not fear. Fear is the Mind Killer” – Frank Herbert

26 thoughts on “Sojourner

1. thomasparkes 10 years ago

Very sweet mate, not a sign of life anywhere. The shape of the tree is great.

Thanks very much Thomas, it is an amazing location, nature has done all the work already, any angle is good!

2. Rod Thomas 10 years ago

Love it mate… very nice in fact, its OUTSTANDING

3. Stegemüller 10 years ago

Kære Flemming

Jeg håber ikke, det krænker din ophavsret, at jeg nu har brugt billedet som baggrund på mit skrivebord! Du skal blot føle dig beæret – for jeg er meget kræsen.

../Hanne

yeah fantastic flem!
    sorry to hear you've had to finish and settle back into city life- but i do look forward to seeing your images now you have time to process them!! 🙂

Cheers Stephen. There's always an upside isn't there, now I will be spewing out new images for the next many months 🙂

5. André 10 years ago

Looking forward to the new images. Would have been an awesome trip.

Thanks André! It was a trip no words can describe (not that I won't try though).

6. christianfletcher 10 years ago

awesome trip mate, so much easier when your not traveling with kids!! Bless their little souls. I have seen pics of this before but yours is the best so far, well done.

I haven't tried it (kids I mean) but yes, travelling alone is ultimate freedom, I love it.

Very happy you like the Deadvlei photo as there are about 50 more to come from this location 😀

I was extremely lucky at Deadvlei. Clouds and soft warm light for about 1.5 hours after sunrise where the norm is clear sky and harsh harsh sun. Makes a world of difference.

stunning image Flemming ! It sounds like you are beginning to establish the lifestyle you want…best of luck 🙂

Thanks very much Tony and yes – putting everything I can into creating my lifestyle!

The Deserts of Africa … are my next project and destination. May need to be combined with work in Asia and Australia. I am quite lucky I know.

Watch us all react to that very effective teaser image! 🙂

Looking forward to seeing more, as always

Thanks Charlene, fortunately there is more or I would feel I was cheating my audience by constantly posting teasers telling everyone there's more to come 🙂

9. Pernille Jensen 10 years ago

Naturally, a great shot.

Maybe I will be forever haunted (considering wrinting in danish instead). At the moment, my favorite (dare I write this) picture from the location is this foggy one:

10. abscenes 10 years ago