What's in my gear bag?
I use Fujifilm cameras exclusively for all my photography. I discovered the Fujifilm mirrorless system back in April 2011 when the original X100 came out. In May 2012 I sold all my DSLR gear and bought the newly released X-Pro1. I made a lot of music and travel work with the X-pro1 and in early 2013 I was fortunate to be contacted by Fujifilm Japan and asked to be an official ambassador for the Fujifilm X-system. I am grateful to Fujifilm for the support and very happy to be an ambassador for the Fujifilm mirrorless cameras, they are exceptionally well suited for my photography.
Gear that is always in my bag
- 2 x Fujifilm X-T3 cameras. I shoot prime lenses 99% of the time so it is a huge advantage to use two cameras so I do not have to constantly swap lenses.
- Fujinon XF16mm F1.4 lens. My preferred lens, I use it for more than 50% of my pictures. Absolutely love this lens, read more here.
- Fujinon XF35mm F1.4 lens. Not the fastest to focus, and my copy is 9 years old now and battered and worn, but the look from this fast lens is absolutely so wonderful, so full of character and it just gets better with age (like the photographer, cough cough).
- Fujinon XF50-140mm F2.8 zoom lens. Even though I prefer primes, this lens is outstanding. If I am locked in one spot or on a huge stage where the performers are a fair distance from me, this is a very handy lens.
- Simplr Camera Straps model F1 is my preferred camera strap. They are light, strong and no-nonsense and it is super handy at gigs to be able to shorten and lengthen the straps so easy.
- Extra batteries and Flare Audio earplugs, oh and the bag also holds Boba Fett, headphones, keys to the kingdom, business cards, lens caps that mysteriously disappear and reappear, half eaten granola bars and Instax pictures of my better half and I.
Gear that is sometimes in my bag
- Fujinon XF90mm F2 lens. Fantastic prime that I bring if I know I might not be able to stand right next to the artists. Also great for shots from the back of the venue towards the stage, get some lights and hands in the air and compress the scene.
- Fujinon XF50mm F2 lens. I do not use this a lot during gigs, but it is a great lens for getting a few live-portraits and it is very small and compact.
- Samyang 8mm fisheye. Great lens for wiiiiiiide view of the venue or from the back of the stage towards the crowd.
- Fujinon XF8-16mm F2.8 zoom lens. This is not a fisheye so it produces a wildly different view to the Samyang. It is good for venue shots where you do not want the distortion of the fisheye.
- Amaran AL-M9 Mini Pocket LED Video Light. A tiny video light, for doing quick portraits backstage or in the venue before the show.
Watch a movie about me and my Fujifilm gear
Fujifilm gear blog posts
FUJIFILM GFX100S at music gigs – and wideangle focal lengths explained
I had a chance back in May to bring the FUJIFILM GFX100S medium format camera to a couple of musicFacebookLinkedInEmail…
FUJIFILM GFX100S – first look and test!
I recently had the new FUJIFILM GFX100S camera on loan for a few days and recorded my first impressions inFacebookLinkedInEmail…
I am in the XF16mm F1.4 lens promo film!
I am so incredibly stoked to have been asked to be featured in this Fujifilm promo movie for the XF16mmFacebookLinkedInEmail…
Using the FUJIFILM X-T4 to film a music video
I used the new FUJIFILM X-T4 to film all the handheld sequences in a recent music video and two featuresFacebookLinkedInEmail…
Fire the Turbo lasers – The Making of a Music Video
https://youtu.be/DVCYmv-Dzx4 Behind the Scenes movie filmed and edited by Visuals By Frida Frida Hansen from Visuals By Frida was notFacebookLinkedInEmail…
My Fujifilm Gear for Music Photography
What sort of Fujifilm gear do I use for my music photography? This video explains it all! I goFacebookLinkedInEmail…
Vlogging with Sennheiser wireless audio setup
Audio makes your video look better! – I have always found this to be very true, and for example spentFacebookLinkedInEmail…
Simplr F1 camera strap – simply my favourite strap!
A few years ago I wrote a review of the Simplr M1 camera strap. I really liked it and usedFacebookLinkedInEmail…
Fujinon XF35mm F1.4 lens – gets even better with age!
Way back in May 2012 I purchased a Fujifilm X-Pro1 camera with the XF18mm F2 and the XF35mm F1.4 lens.FacebookLinkedInEmail…
On Tour: Photography Workflow
I was recently the stills photographer for the 4 day massive Arena tour with my favourite band The Minds ofFacebookLinkedInEmail…
Movie: Capturing Music with the Fujifilm GFX100
Back in June, the wonderful people of Fujifilm Nordic gave me a little challenge – take the Fujifilm GFX100 102FacebookLinkedInEmail…
The Fujifilm X-T3 in Silver
Gear porn alert! For some reason I ended up making gear pictures while drinking rum and listening to music lastFacebookLinkedInEmail…