Feeling like a bit of adventure? A bit of magic? New stories? New images? New silliness? Then get the drinks and popcorn ready and stay tuned to this blog!

Armed with a camera and a notebook, my dream of a life on the road as a nomadic photographer is about to become reality. This week I sold my flat, a big checkmark on the to-do list. Now; preparations aplenty for life on the road as a Nomadic Photographer and Voyager. I hope for some assignments along the way, but have saved up money – and courage – for a long time. Here we go!

First stop is Thailand sometime in November where dear friends await me to show me more of incredible Asia. There is no itinerary. There is no end date. Only missions. And visions. Of tropical jungles and beaches in Asia. Wide open desolate deserts in Africa. Plains of majestic wildlife in Africa. Outback grandscapes in Australia. Valleys, Canyons, Forests and deserts of America. Magical icescapes of Patagonia.

I want to show you all how Mother Nature is the greatest artist of all, how a windy Wednesday afternoon in the image below turns all magical for just a few moments. A few moments where all elements come together. A few moments forever lost in time – unless captured, magic frozen in time. I want to make you a Believer. A believer in the magic of Mother Nature and a believer in preserving the wild, untouched places remaining in the world.

Click to see large size on my gallery! Copyright Flemming Bo Jensen Photography

Namibia – Walvis Bay Sunset Dunes
© Flemming Bo Jensen Photography

“Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert

36 thoughts on “Nomadic Photographer and Voyager

1. Martin 10 years ago

A bold choice! All the best with your nomadic life, and I look forward to seeing more photos of your adventures 😉

2. Pernille Jensen 10 years ago

Walvis Bay – keeps being af favorite of mine! (maybe not exactly the one above, – instead this one http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo/image/116021076

By the way – Herbert also says:

A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

Go to Asia – go to India -go to Rajasthan!!!

Thanks Pernille! I prefer the other one too but since I had already posted that one, I had to choose another.

India – will get there as well !

It sounds fantastic Flem, all the best and of course we'll be following your journey when possible.

4. James 10 years ago

Wow another one with a vignette, you are liking those more and more 🙂

Do you have any showing more of the foreground, the pattern on the ground looks really interesting, but I would like to see more of it?

Sounds like it will be a great trip, just travelling and taking photos, what a life.

Hi James, in this one: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com/2009/08/16/patter… there is far more of there very interesting foreground pattern.

I have actually shied away from any vignetting now, got tired of that 'burned with a blow torch appa look'! So I do not add vignetting anymore, this is a natural vignette caused by the sun being behind the dunes – and the 3 stop GND filter of course!

Will be an amazing journey, the nomadic alternative!

5. Rod Thomas 10 years ago

Albert,First stop should be Newcastle mate, I need some lessons / tips in Lightroom…. email me when you get a minute, or better still, give us a call or ill call you… email me with your number and a good time to ring mate

Can you please tell True North Mark this so I can get a gig on True North teaching Lightroom???? 😀 😀 I'm on Skype so we can chat there if ya like, I'll email ya mate!

great news Flem!
    i'm excited to see you on the road, you've not yet disappointed during your past trips. so will be happy to join you- even if it is only through the net! 🙂

I'll join you at some point Stephen, you are tour guiding me around those Stirling Ranges remember 😀

7. Kyra (Schlorf) Stipp 10 years ago

Hi Flemming
    received prints yesterday- thanks a million- they are really and truely stunning- have never seen our beautiful Namibia from your viewpoint and it seams I have really missed out!!! Thank you. GoodLuck on your new endeavour- sounds soooo exciting and incredibly adventurous and bold! Have fun, sure we will see you around 🙂

Thanks so much Kyra, I am thrilled you like the prints and that you like my viewpoint of your beautiful country! I will definitely see you around, tot siens!

8. Andrew Brown 10 years ago

Best of luck mate for your life on the road, the envy of many I'm sure…

9. Graham Leggate 10 years ago

Good luck Flemming. I hope the lifestyle suites and you showcase some fantastic images.

you don't have to worry about that- i'll be reminding you just to make sure you don't forget! 🙂 I look forward to it immensely

11. goosetea 10 years ago

Very brave of you to do that. I'm hoping to do something of this sort someday. I wish you good luck, nomad 🙂

12. davidbettini 10 years ago

Bold move Flemming! Look forward to seeing some great pics.

13. thomasparkes 10 years ago

Best of luck Flemming, sounds like one grand adventure.
    It would be great to see you if you pop into the Grampians at all.

Cheers,
    Tom

Cheers Thomas! Might see you in the Grampians, never know, sounds like a great adventure!

14. Stegemüller 10 years ago

Kære Flemming

Du er simpelthen fanstastisk. Her er en mand, der sætter sig et mål, som har en drøm og realiserer den. Jeg er imponeret og fyldt med respekt.

Jeg glæder over www, for ellers kunne jeg jo ikke følge dit liv længere.

God tur!

De allerbedste ønske og hilsner
    Hanne

15. chloe 10 years ago

oh my flemming! sounds crrazy incredible & exciting! take me with you lol

i'm so excited to follow your travels

Thanks heaps Chloe, crazy and incredible and crazy incredible pretty much describes it. Will be awesome!

16. truenorthmark 10 years ago

Go son go!!!

I know that you will nail it.

I am aspiring to do a similar thing in a different format once I re arrange some things actually, so no doubt down the track we can hook up for some great photographic adventures!

Good luck to you Bo!!

Thanks Mark ! Would love to hook up for some shooting – and skydiving 😀 Might be in Perth during Feb or March next year, we'll see what happens.

17. mervfrench 10 years ago

Good luck mate ,I'm sure it won't be easy at times but it will be very rewarding and a life changing experience.

Might see you in the bush somewhere.

18. William Ophuis 10 years ago

Very jealous! Good luck on your adventures must be very exciting!