No words today. Not at all in the mood. But an image of a fantastic afternoon at Wyadup Rocks, Western Australia.

Me and my friend arrived here late afternoon and was immediately almost spellbound by the magical conditions. Strong wind and huge waves beating the turquoise water against the Wyadup rocks. And we were the only ones there Magic. Later we walked down to the beach and was rewarded with a spectacular sunset, more images to follow. This is a 3 horizontal image stitch, does not even come close to the real thing but I still think it is a nice image in itself:

Blog - Wyadup Rocks Pano copy

17 thoughts on “Waves of Wyadup

1. casey smith 9 years ago

Nice work Flemming and good to see you are getting some coastal shots, love the clouds and the green water mate.

cheers Casey, yeah I got some really good coastal shots in the South West and am becoming somewhat better at manually stitching waves and water in Photoshop – that part is still so boring though! (get yourself a 617 I bet would be your answer hehe)

2. casey smith 9 years ago

Yes mate great idea get a 617, its sux at airports though, extra luggage.

3. Beau Mitchell 9 years ago

Really well done with the stitch. I can't spot any joins and it looks like the water was pretty rough out there. Nice colours, composition and overall photo 🙂

Cheers Beau! I let PTgui do the hard work then export as "final image and layers" to a PSD file. Then in PS I can just use the masks to blend the waves the way I want them from the individual layers. Works a treat!

4. Jamie Paterson 9 years ago

Hi Flemming,

I'm glad you experienced the same kind of magic that I feel each time I go to Wyadup. There is certainly something special about it and you've captured it very well in this photo.

Jamie

Hi Jamie and yes you were definitely right – Wyadup is the place to go, very special place under the right conditions.

5. chloe 9 years ago

quite a nice photo flemming

Gotta love that water Flem ! It's good to see a somewhat different perspective from this place.

happy travels 🙂

Cheers Tone, glad you like it and yes the water was almost glowing on this day.

7. michaelolive 9 years ago

Gorgeous shot Flemming. The water colour is almost sereal. Perfect composition and just the right amount of action.

Thanks heaps Michael, very pleased you like it so much – coastal shots are not my specialty (wide open spaces and a dead tree more like it) but I am getting better I feel.

woo! now that sure doesn't look like a Flem desert scape does it!! nice one man.
    lurve that water! 🙂