Since you are already on my site, maybe you already noticed – or if you landed here via a link, then go explore my new site! It happens once every 5 or 6 years, the previous site was from 2015 and was highly overdue for a refresh and fresh start. Having a WordPress site with 700+ blog posts and 6GB of media files means building a new site is a bit of a pain, although in the end it worked out a lot easier than I feared due to new fast servers on Godaddy and the stability of the latest versions of Duplicator plugin. Read on for more details about my new site.
Highlights & details
- New minimal design built in X Theme. My previous many sites have been on black or dark background so this time I made it all white for a change.
- Much faster site due to combo of X Theme, W3TC plugin and Cloudflare CDN.
- Frontpage with a small live music portfolio – updated
- Updated Live Music and Event Photography portfolios under Portfolio menu
- Articles features my entire 700+ blog post archive going back to June 2007.
Articles has a submenu making it easier for you to access:
- Nomad Life is a huge page featuring curated travel stories – check it out!
One huge advantage of the new site is I can finally use the new WordPress block editor to write posts and this might actually mean I will get to writing more as it is so much better than the old editor. It also enables totally awesome full width breakout images, and I going to end with one of my favourite pictures I have made recently. This is Danish band Jung playing at Roskilde Summer Days in early July 2021 and one of the very first stand-up and move freely concerts for 18 months! As you can see it was an incredible feeling for every one. I need to blog about this, for now I hope you enjoy the new site!