Leica M. The legend. A camera that dates back to 1913 and is a significant part of history, possibly the camera that has captured more historically important images than any other camera. And I finally have one, a Leica M6, thanks to my good friend and fellow nomad photographer Michael BirkmoseBirkmose.org. Mucho gracias amigo for lending me your Leica, it is in good hands and I will show it the universe. So begins my Leica M life. Well not quite as I do not have a lens yet — but soon, soon, when I have a lens to go with the beautiful body, my Leica M life shall commence and coexist beautifully with my Fuji digital cameras. I feel this could lead to somewhere interesting. Could also possibly lead to a life of crime to support Leica gear lust and buying film and chemicals — and should you have a darkroom I may come knocking soon. Here she is, in great condition.

11 thoughts on “Leica M Life

1. Gilles Grethen 7 years ago

Welcome to the club!

I’m sure you will love it and show up some excellent work.

Have fun!

Gilles

Thanks Gilles! Just ordered a Voigtlander 35mm f2/.5 skopar today, so soon I shall be able to actual produces images with this beauty!

1. Brendan 7 years ago

I used to have this lens- it’s a good one (istanbul pics on my web or flickr page were shot with it), small and easy to use. A M6 and a Fuji make a great combination.

Yeah I love my current setup, Fuji Xpro1, Fuji X100 and an M6 – although I still have used the M6 as much as I’d like, but there’s time.

It is the M that brings it all together – Leica, Magnum, Madness, Magic.

Go forth and conquer mate!

(and remember i’m first in line to carry your bag)

3. Daniel Milnor 7 years ago

And it’s not yours so it doesn’t matter what happens to it. Lose it, drop it, fill it with Kool Aid at a rave…….no problem.

As I long as I don’t let it near your Leica shutter-piercing hands, it should be ok I hope!

4. Dan Lester 7 years ago

Congratulations. You’ll wish you could keep it. I grew up with a Leica IIIf in my hands for years. I love my Sony Alpha55, but would love to still have a Leica, or maybe another Alpa Alnea, which I also once had in the 50s and 60s.

Thanks Dan, I might end up buying it. I just managed to loan a Leica 35mm f/2 lens so now I can start exposing some film!