It is crunch time for the Kimberley in Western Australia. The Kimberley is one of the last true wilderness area and an area very dear to my heart, as are all wilderness areas. I have been to this area no less than four times and have seen more of the Kimberley than most so take it from me, this is one unique area of the world we must save. No where in the world compares.

jamespricepoint2 This untouched ancient landscapes is under heavy threat from politicians and mining companies. Western Australia Premier Barnett has started a process of compulsory acquisition (colonization, again, stealing the land, again) of land at James Price Point for the world’s largest gas hub. There are other options for processing the gas and we must save the planet from ourselves. Please help by signing this campaign: and visiting the links below and offer your help.

Michael Fletcher recently cut an awesome Save The Kimberley video featuring the untouched Kimberley. This is what will die out if we do not act:

Finally, I have developed a few more of my images from my March visit to James Price Point to illustrate what is at stake. I have donated all my Kimberley images to Save The Kimberley and Wilderness Society to help the cause.

Wilderness Society Australia Kimberley Campaign

Environs Kimberley

Environs Kimberley Facebook Cause

Save The Kimberley

Hands Off Country blog

ABC 4 Corners Kimberley Special

ABC article on the compulsory acquisition

My fine art images from The Kimberley and from James Price Point

11 thoughts on “Save The Kimberley – We Need Your Help

1. Carlo Alcos 5 years ago

That is terrible. How much does this undermine "the apology"? I've signed up.

Hi Carlo thanks for commenting and signing up. Indeed, "the apology" is looking like empty air.

2. Michael Fletcher 5 years ago

Good on yo Flemming for taking a stand and donating your stunning images of the area.

lets hope we can make a difference.

Thanks Mike, and yes let us hope we can make a difference. Only takes one person to change the world.

3. Tom Parkes 5 years ago

Good work mate, I will add another similar post in the coming weeks.

4. Pingback: Want to Help Save the Kimberley in Western Australia?

Good on you for the donation. I hope they make the right decision, and realise that money can be made in other ways, but once we have lost this priceless wilderness, we will have lost it forever. So sad.

(And I am presently obsessing over Michael Fletcher's videos, heh)

Yes we can only hope someone will show a tiny bit of wisdom and save the Kimberley or we shall loose it forever. And yes, Michael is pretty magic with the 5D !

wow i'm a bit behind sorry Flem!

must have missed all these, and somehow never got back.

i did think you had been a bit quiet lol.

great pics, I really love your images from this place. your passion is captured within them too!

top effort as well with saving this great place. I can't wait to make it there, unfortunately work intervened with me on the weekend and I couldn't make Christian's gathering there :-(

Glad you're back Stephen :) Thanks for your support mate, hey we could do a JPP meetup in late November!